- Settles disputes
- Addresses causes of disputes
- Educating individuals in a formal and informal setting to promote awareness
- Rehabilitating minor offenders
- Newsletters and blogs
- Quicker settlement of disputes compared to the formal judicial system
- Settlement of disputes at parties’ own interests and needs
- Flexibility of procedure of settlement of disputes
- Process determined and controlled by parties to dispute
- Lower costs
- Maintenance of confidentiality
- Ideal for multi-party disputes
- Success of settlement of disputes essentially depends on parties.
- The ability of the organisation to mediate cases depends on funds available to it.